According to our family tree, the Stabinger family has been in Sexten since 1630, but originated in Switzerland (the family coat of arms was awarded to a family in Switzerland in 1607) and can look back on an eventful history.
For example, the old licence for the brandy Fratschlerey dates from 1797.
Excerpts from its certificate:
Before our hotel, there was a bakery and an inn here, which must have been very popular. The nativity scenes from our present exhibitions were already installed in the guest rooms at that time. In 1998, the nativity scenes were exhibited for the first time.
The bakery still exists today, selling the widely popular Stabingen cakes, which have been a hit with those with a sweet tooth for generations.
The current house was built in 1979, but has since been renovated. Our restaurant and pizzeria have also been revamped with a fresher and more modern look; nonetheless, it was important to us to retain some of the rustic charm and blend it with the modern elements.